We were excited to try this. One of my husband’s favorites is tortilla soup…he orders it frequently when we go out, and I have a go-to recipe for making it at home. We were curious how this one would compete…and would it replace my recipe that I have used for years.
First thing out of my husband’s mouth was..”wow, looks like restaurant quality”!
I tell you, that is a good start haha.
There are a few things I loved about this recipe
- that everyone can customize their own with the add-ins
- it is spicy, but not too spicy
- it is a lighter version with broth and lots of veggies..the usuals, but also bell pepper and carrots which I haven’t had before in this soup
- I also liked that some of the onion and bell pepper were reserved and added raw at the end
- restaurant quality but not a lot of work
We loved this one!…so delicious. It is funny because it isn’t all that different from the one I make but the tweaks that are different, make all the difference! My husband actually said it was good enough to replace our usual tortilla soup. That is really saying a lot. Good one Dorie!
This one is a keeper!