These sandwiches, we are told, are reminiscent of some Dorie had while in Luang Prabang, Laos…reminding her of her nightly stroll through the alley with food merchants and their stalls.
The recipe is more of a guideline of the order and type of ingredients used, the actual construction is up to the individual making them. They are served wrapped in a page of a magazine secured with a rubber band…I went with parchment paper. 😃
The sandwiches are layered on a fresh baguette..I chose Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread that we have been using lately for avocado toast. You spread both sides with Mayo and sriracha…and then begin the layering:
- Roasted Chicken
- Moisten with Thai sweet chili sauce
- Add tomatoes and cucumber
- Drizzle with more chili sauce
- Top with lettuce
- Give everything a last hit of chili sauce
- Close sandwich and secure with parchment and rubber band…letting them sit for 15 min before digging in.
I was thinking we better like the chili sauce or this will not be a success haha.
We enjoyed these! They were a nice change of pace and most things I usually have on hand…especially now that I have the chili sauce. I could see us having them again.