This is going to have to be a quick one…both in writing and for you to read. It is a busy week…barely got this one squeezed in. 🙂
I was really excited to make this tart after hearing from those who chose to make this recipe first! It seemed like everyone loved it. Finding the chestnuts was a challenge, so I opted to order off of Amazon after the tip on our P&Q page…who knew!?
So here is my take-away:
- I made the syrup since others said it was amazing…I did something wrong because mine seized up after pouring it into my jar…I mean totally solidified!! I had such a hard time getting it out!
- The tart was still delicious even without the syrup!
- The crust gets too done cooking for so long at 400, I would lower it next time or lessen the time. (I even tented the crust!)
- Having never had Chestnuts, they are weird! More on the soft and chewy side..not what you would expect.
- The actual tart is easy to make and so delicious and decadent
- I used the tip and served this with Coffee Blast ice cream and we all have to say this was a perfect pair!! Totally recommend!
That is all folks, gotta run!
Oh, one more thing…I have made our Chocolate Toffee Break-ups two more times…that recipe is a total hit!!