Our recipe on this one starts out, “This Chocolate-Covered, Nut-Studded Toffee might be as close as you can get to a Heath Bar without being sued for some kind of trademark infringement”. I told this to my husband and I could tell he was skeptical; after all he is a Heath Bar lover. I was thinking to myself though, every single recipe we have made from our Baking Chez Moi Cookbook has been a homerun so I was betting on success.
I was encouraged that this toffee does not require that I am a pro candy maker, only that I have a candy thermometer. Check!
There are only a few steps to this recipe which is always a good thing!
- Cook up the toffee, add the coarsely chopped almonds and spread on a buttered parchment paper lined pan.
- Melt your chocolate. I used dark chocolate since I thought that would pair well with the sea salt.
- Pour half of your chocolate on one side of the toffee and spread. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and flip.
- Pour the remaining melted chocolate on the toffee and spread. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and sea salt.
- Chill for 30 minutes and then break apart.
We didn’t get to taste this the night I made it, so instead my husband took a few pieces with him to work the next morning. I get a text…and I quote:
“That recipe is unbelievable. Way better than a Heath Bar! Definitely a keeper!”
Yes, that made my day! 🙂
Everyone that has tried these has LOVED them!…like…raved about them! I have already been asked to make them again for the upcoming holidays.
Yay, for great recipes that are also easy!!