I was surprised by these.
- The dough wasn’t as fussy as I expected…quite easy actually. I made the dough and let it chill overnight, baking the cookies the next morning.
- I still had my blackberry jam that I used for the Florentine Squares so I went ahead and used that.
- I used a mason jar as my cookie cutter.
- The process of wetting the cookie and pressing the next layer on top went very smoothly.
- Cooked up in the 17 minutes suggested.
- Baked up 14 cookies out of the mix
Seriously, easy….and should I add…LOVED be everyone! My dad’s text went so far as to say he has extended his top 5 category to the top 10 as this cookie needs to be added to the top list….quite an endorsement of the recipe wouldn’t you say?!
I did add the dusting of confectioners sugar as suggested because you know it just elevates anything you dust upon! 🙂