My Mother-in-Law fell Father’s Day evening and broke her hip…things have been pretty stressful around here. She is having trouble recovering and is still in the hospital. Needless to say, we are spending a lot of time there. I wasn’t sure I would be able to bake this go around…but you know what…after a long day at the hospital, it felt SO good to come home and bake! It really was a nice break from all that has been going on…and thankfully this recipe was not all that difficult.
This cake is a layered white chocolate cake with raspberry crush in between the layers and on top. You finish it off with fresh raspberries.
Some things I learned on this recipe:
- Lots of eggs in this one…10 to be exact-6 whites, 10 yolks!
- Raspberry Crush is basically pureed, slightly-thawed, frozen raspberries but boy does it kick up the flavor on this cake!
- Although the cake looks like a plain white or vanilla cake, this one is special. The melted white chocolate is very flavorful and the cake is very moist and light.
- I am getting really good at meringue and melting chocolate haha!
- The only thing I didn’t like about this cake is it doesn’t last long…I saved a piece for my son and it was past its prime the next day for him to eat.
- Baking really is a hobby I enjoy and relieves stress.
Quick thought on what my tasters thought….EVERYONE loved this one!! I mean really loved it. I think I had nine of them on this one. I think what made it so good was the uniqueness and the flavors and textures all played very well together. To quote my Dad..”this one is a keeper and…keep them coming!” I just love that my parents enjoy being part of this with me! ❤