I have to start out by saying this recipe was so good!! My parents, who are part of my faithful tasting group, sent me a text after they had the cake saying they loved it and hoped the recipe wasn’t too hard because they would like to have it again. 🙂
That being said…I have to admit that once I saw in the recipe “in fact there is nothing sacred about rhubarb; you can vary the fruit as you choose…try using apples” And then this… “The batter is perfect for a 12 in round cake pan” that is as far as I needed to read. I made Fresh APPLE Upside-Down BIG Cake haha!! If you would like the recipe check out Erin’s blog.
For such a pretty and tasty cake, it was really easy to make.
- Cook up the brown sugar and butter and add pecans
- Arrange the apples
- Beat the butter and sugar, until fluffy and pale and then add in the dry ingredients alternating with the cream.
- Spoon the batter over the apples, smoothing the top.
- Bake the cake. I added 20-25 minutes to my cook time since I had one large cake instead of the baby cakes. Turn the cake out of the pan as soon as you remove it from the oven.
- Send texts that dessert is ready…I always think of that saying in the movie Field of Dreams…If you build it they will come…I say…Send the text and they show up!! 🙂
This was so easy and really very moist and delicious. It reminded me of the Nectarine Upside Down Chiffon Cake…without the streusel in the middle. So Mom and Dad…I will make this one again for you…It’s a keeper! 🙂