These were a breeze to bake after my three day project of croissants! 🙂 If you would like the recipe, check out Peggy’s blog.
Thoughts to share:
- I used a mixture of bittersweet chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate
- I refrigerated the dough for four hours instead of overnight and it was perfect
- I rolled the dough into balls and then placed them on the parchment paper. It seemed to hold the dough together better with all of that chocolate. I also doubled by pans the way the recipe suggested
- I used 2T of instant decaf coffee. Everyone loved the depth of flavor in these cookies but couldn’t really detect “coffee” flavor so I think next time I would increase to the full 3T.
Everyone was eager to taste these. I have 3 in the freezer for me to taste after Easter…gave up sweets! I have been told I will love these. 🙂
My favorite responses via text:
- “The cookies were outstanding. They are a keeper…really, really good!”
- “They were delicious!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 :)”
And my personal favorite is watching my teenage son inhale them with a huge grin on his face….yes these are a keeper and will be repeated at our house. Thank goodness they are fairly easy to make!! 🙂